Résumé / CV
Since 1997, I have worked in many areas of web and software development in Britain and America. These areas include visual design, usability, programming, management, testing, and training. In each project, I have used many technologies and skills. On top of my technical skills, my verbal, written, and organizational skills are equally strong. My objective is to work for a dynamic company and to lead a team of web developers. My portfolio can be found at http://www.jenikya.com.
CQ5 Developer / Web Developer (Contractor) 2013 - Present
- Developed Java-based components for high-profile multi-lingual websites using Adobe CQ5 CMS.
Senior Web Developer (UI/UX Specialist)March 2012 - January 2013
Media CompanyReading, Berkshire
- Responsible for front-end of application and provided technical guidance and solutions, including development of flexible layouts for tablet and desktop devices.
- Led sessions to develop personas, gather requirements, and wrote functional specifications; created wireframes, visual designs, and new concepts to further enhance the user experience.
Web Developer / Technical LeadDecember 2010 - March 2012
IG Group / IG IndexLondon
- Technical lead for CQ5 CMS website redevelopment.
- Developed Java components for Adobe CQ5 CMS (Content Management System), set up new websites and local environments, and migrated existing websites to the CQ5 platform; demonstarted ability to quickly learn new framework.
Senior UI Developer (Solutions Consultant)February 2010 - December 2010
- Supervised and managed UI-specific project work for ten developers in several European countries and London. (Contracted to European Directories.)
- Responsible for implementing UI improvements for several high profile European websites.
- Provided technical advice to clients and developers from multiple European countries to achieve desired UI goals; utilised Agile methodology and managed scrums and developers' workloads.
eBusiness Applications DeveloperDecember 2007 - February 2010
De La RueBasingstoke, Hampshire
- Developed corporate intranet using SharePoint; provided CSS changes to customise corporate branding.
- Provided SharePoint assistance, training, and advice to employees at multiple corporate and skill levels; gave presentations and provided marketing materials to departments.
- Managed and involved in recruitment process of department's placement students; set objectives and conducted personal reviews.
- Assisted with MS CRM upgrade and enhancements.
Software EngineerAugust 2005 - December 2007
Simulation Systems LTDBristol
- Responsible for design and implementation of user interface using Java, UML, and Java Swing for large-scale highway CCTV application. Wrote ISO-9001 project and test documentation.
- Used Java Server Pages, PostgreSQL, CSS, and Java to develop web-based fault-reporting software.
- Implemented web-based hardware management framework using ASP on Windows CE.
User Interface ProgrammerOctober 2004 - July 2005
Coutts Information ServicesRingwood, Hampshire
- Acted as liaison between Sales & Marketing and IT to translate customer and business needs into effective web-based ordering systems; developed and designed user interfaces and company intranet.
Senior Web Developer (Manager)January 2001 - December 2003
St. Martin Online, LLCAthens, Ohio, USA
- Responsible for design, development, maintenance, and management of 250+ web sites targeted to travelers searching for Caribbean car rental, accommodation, and travel insurance.
- Boosted Internet sales by 200% and expanded Internet presence by 90% in 2001 by online promotion and site development.
- Managed, supervised, and trained team of web editors and interns at various intervals.
- Recommended successful marketing solutions to attract sales. Increased traffic by updating content, adding new features, and redefining solutions. Analyzed log files to compile statistics to aid in promotion. Conceptualised e-commerce goals using sketches, storyboards and presentations.
- Consistently met project deadlines and client/employer demands in fast-paced work environment.
Web Administrator & InstructorMarch 2002 - September 2003
Ohio UniversityZanesville, Ohio, USA
- Responsible for development and maintenance of 1,000-page university web site.
- Developed intranet-based "waiting list" application using ASP, XML, and SQL to complement a Visual Basic application; assisted with initial project planning, database design, and testing.
- Conducted meetings and assisted individuals of all levels and professional backgrounds.
- Developed and taught "Intro to Web Design" course using Dreamweaver MX for two terms.
Webmaster (Internship)June 2000 - October 2000
- Collaborated on projects for Lucent Technologies, Computeractive magazine, and Danisco Sweeteners.
WebmasterSeptember 1998 - September 1999
Ohio UniversityZanesville, Ohio, USA
- Responsible for major redesign, redevelopment, and maintenance of university web site.
- Conducted meetings to obtain information and ideas; set up web framework.
Senior Web Developer / Designer Team LeadJune 1997 - April 2011
Media Plus Ltd.London
- Completed web-based projects for various clients as a Web Designer, Web Developer, Facebook Developer, PHP Developer, ASP Developer, and Flash Developer/Designer.
- Clients have included: The Number One Project, Atomic Kitten, Tash Hamilton, Case Western Reserve University, GlobalConservation.com, Bloomer Candy, The Animal Shelter Society, Girl Scouts, Siegrist Orchard, Jenny Frost Official, St. Martin Online, Zanesville Farmer's Market, FlexSoft, and I & Funktional Designs, Muskingum County Community Foundation.
MSc (Hon), Advanced Computing2003 - 2005
Bournemouth UniversityBournemouth, Dorset
- Dissertation: An Evaluation of Web Services with Emphasis on Small Hotels
Information Technology2003 - 2005
Muskingum Area Technical College (Zane State)Zanesville, Ohio, USA
- Took various courses in Information Technology to further build on my skills: IT, Advanced Java, C++, Networking, PC Repair, Systems Design & Analysis, Database Management, 4.0
- Activities and Societies: Charity and volunteer work
BSc (Honors), Visual Communications - Interactive Multimedia; Minor in Fine Art and History, 3.7/4.0
1996 - 2001
Ohio UniversityAthens, Ohio, USA
- William O. Littick Memorial Scholarship, Dean's Scholarship, Golden Key National Honour Society, Phi Kappa Phi National Honor Society, Who's Who Among Students in American Colleges and Universities
- Activities and Societies: Student Senate Publicity Director (1996 - 2000), Algonquin Literature Club (2 years), Art Club (1 year), Phi Kappa Phi, Radio Presenter (1 year), Telecommunications Club (1 year)